Miiyu! (“Hello” in the Pechanga Luiseno language)
This NOW Message contains information about the Center for Native American Youth Scholarship for the Columbia University Summer High School Program!
There is still time to apply! The full tuition and residential scholarship for Columbia’s Summer Program for High School Students is offered in partnership by Columbia University’s Secondary School Programs and the Center for Native American Youth. One American Indian/Alaska Native scholar will be selected to attend the program during the 2015 summer in New York City.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2015
The scholarship covers the cost of housing, tuition, week-day meals, coursework materials and other required student services. The estimated value of the scholarship is over $8,000. Students will need to pay for their own travel to and from the program, as well as bring spending money.
Session I: June 28, 2015 – July 18, 2015 Session II: July 20, 2015 – August 08, 2015
CNAY is accepting applications for both the Junior-Senior and Freshman-Sophomore Divisions:
- Junior-Senior Division: Available to students who will enter grades 11 or 12 or first year of college in Fall 2015.
- Freshman-Sophomore Division: Available to students who will enter grades 9 or 10 in Fall 2015.
Students can submit hard copy applications or apply online by following the following links:
- CNAY Scholarship Application (PDF): http://goo.gl/5TMW0d
- Online Scholarship Application: http://goo.gl/57rZdw
- Online Recommendation Form: http://goo.gl/6LCFwA
Complete applications include:
- Application Form, response to “Story of Inspiration” essay prompt;
- Recommendation form from teacher/professor;
- High school transcript; and
- Proof of tribal enrollment or descendancy (includes letter from tribal leader of affiliated tribal nation or leader at urban Indian community).
- Recommended: High School resume
If you have questions or would like to request additional information, please contact email@example.com.
We invite you to visit our website (www.cnay.org) for a comprehensive list of available resources (scholarships, fellowships, summer programs, grant opportunities, etc.). Thank you for your continued support and interest in the Center for Native American Youth.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Email us back and let us know what types of Native youth opportunities you are looking for and we can be sure to include them in upcoming emails. We invite you to share your feedback.